You are Visitor No.

February 18, 2010

WE'RE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER - PT. 3- NOW MY GUTS LIKE JELLY MELT

Yup, like those konyaku jelly that emerged in disastrous soft lumps ready to break , . I am stressed. Now why did I volunteer myself for this talk? I examined myself asking what is the big deal. Kids only after all, so why am I so worked up?
One of the reasons is that this week has been a real stressful week for me. When it rains, it pours. Beryl needed me to help edit her book in time to pass to Pastor Lily before she flew off tomorrow. Coupled with the fact that I had to attend a meeting today at Caroline's place. Pastor Dexter was sharing to a group of people tonight. I was late and then found myself being the last minute standby for song-leading to a roomful of Aussies,, not prepared...AARGH!! THEN, my konnyaku jelly which I was making for the kids tomorrow all went gooey and wouldn't stand firm even after I tried making another batch with less water. Ban JIM WILLIE BRAND for Konyakku for life. BOYCOTT!!
The other reason is that it is my first time ever presenting with Powerpoint, so not really familiar or sure if it would pull off tomorrow.
The main reason (DRUM ROLLS/ CYMBALS) is ... after some soul-searching : I am a control freak....... I admit it,.. I want to do things nicely properly and not a hair out of place. The best CNY presentation the kids could ever get with fun, food and quiz. and then...So far, only the keropoks I fried turned out nice. The rest is pretty much in shambles... The konyakku was disappointing...I also had initally wanted to pass out some nice red packets to every kid there in the mood of Chinese New Year (of course with chocs, not money, not that rich, you see) but my despatch for angpow packets had not arrived until now!
Okay, I just came out of a christian meeting so I must not have murderous thoughts..... And this uncertainty and unfamiliar ground of Jordie's classroom and 50 pairs of eyes staring up at me expecting a nice talk is eating me up... So, what do I do? Gulp down some more smashed up Konyakku jelly and comfort myself...that I am after all human.

No comments: