You are Visitor No.

September 8, 2009

INNOCENCE IS BEST FOR NOW...

"Mummy, you know what gay is?" asked Jordie one night at dinner.
I sucked in my breath...yikes,what now... another death to innocence?
Pull a straight face, stay calm : "What is it?"
"It means you're happy..." he said with a grin...
PHEW! AM not quite ready at this point to explain what gay's connotation is. Unfortunately he went on to explain his neighbour had said to him when he was playing with a girl, "Stop playing with girls, you look gay." he was told... "So I asked Alex what 'gay' means & he told me,"It means you're happy."
Hmmm....I know that boy fully knew what he meant when he said it, and I knew he was covering it up when he had to explain what it meant to Jordie.. But later I did tell Jordie, there was nothing wrong with playing with girls, he just gotta balance it up also and play with boys as well... so boys and girls, we don't need to grow up too fast now.. just remember: be happy but not 'gay'..

1 comment:

d'Lion said...

Thanks for teaching me a new word today.