You are Visitor No.

September 7, 2009

CHOOSE WHO YOU WALK WITH CAREFULLY.

Jordie was reading his Aesop's Fables last night and when he was done, I asked which was his favourite. He said it was the one on the bear and the travellers:
One day, two men were on a journey when they saw a bear. At first, the bear didn't see them. One man got up into a tree as fast as he could. The other man was too slow. "Please help me up," he called. But the first man went further up the tree and left him on his own. "What can I do?" said the man under the tree. "If I run away, the bear will see me, if he sees me, he will eat me." So, he lay on the ground and did not move. The bear walked all round him, then went away. The man in the tree came down. He said, "The bear came very close to you. Did he say anything?" "Yes," said the other man. "It said 'never go for a walk with a man who leaves you when you are in danger.'".. Moral of the story: A real friend will not leave you to face trouble alone..

No comments: