You are Visitor No.

October 26, 2008

CUPCAKES

Jordan had been pining for some cupcakes, so I decided to bake some this weekend. He was recruited as baker's assistant.
Jordie cracked 4 eggs neatly into the bowl, only one piece of shell fell in. The 1st batch rose too quickly and 'over spilled' it looked like it was a clam sticking out its tongue.... too ugly! The next batch turned out okay, and we had fun piling on the blue, pink and mocha frosting.
Cupcakes are great for baking therapy and creativity outlet, you can do practically anything you want with it. I must confess I got lazy so I did not whip out my piping set, so I just did some casual spreading with the knife & used other stuff to decorate... For adult consumption, I did something more sophisticated, butter frosting mixed with a little Milo and nescafe espresso, then sprinkled some nescafe granules on it and viola... mocha espresso cupcake to go with your favourite cuppa! Jordan did his with some M&M's, wonka candies and candy stars... I also did a smiley face one using toothpick to spread out nutella on plain white icing and a M&M red colour as the nose...

1 comment:

joshua said...

hehehe...cute cupcakes there!

where's samuel's cupcakes?