You are Visitor No.

April 1, 2010

NEW SLANGS I JUST LEARNT

Today, over a morning tea conversation with some aussie friends, I learnt some interesting oz slangs which totally bowled me over. The oz's have a cute way of putting things that is both straightforward and visual.. My friend kept saying 'spit the dummy' and I was wondering what on earth was that. It means:
To indulge in a sudden display of anger or frustration; to lose one’s temper. The phrase is usually used of an adult, and the implication is that the outburst is childish, like a baby spitting out its dummy (pacifier) in a tantrum and refusing to be pacified.
The other term was 'batching' which apparently means:
To live alone and keep house as a bachelor.
It can also mean accumulation of things, collect heaps of stuff, which usually happens in bachelor pads too, hihi...

1 comment:

joshua said...

I, too, just leart something new but too bad, it's not useful unless I am in oz. 8-)