You are Visitor No.

February 7, 2010

EPISODE 40: STEPPING INTO 'DESTINY'

We had prayed about changing churches last year and around Christmas time was the turning point of our decision. So, today, was officially our 1st time there as new members of Destiny Church even though it was not the 1st time we had been there. (we visited twice last year before coming to this decision) Genesis was a good spiritual home for us in our 1st phase of this Gold Coast journey, but we felt we needed to move on and are very excited about our next phase in Destiny Church. I joke about it often but perhaps there is some meaning in all of this... we start our phase of journey in Australia in 'Genesis' and we move on now to 'Destiny' . The church is led by Pastor Sue Baynes and her husband Roger Baynes as well as Dean Taylor.
It was pouring heavily this morning but some friendly ushers were there ready with umbrellas. Not bad at all... I thought. So blessed to have some shelter from the rain. Today, Faylene Sparks who heads her own prophetic ministry and church was preaching and ministering. It was inspiring listening to her and the atmosphere was just so charged up with the flow of God's words and worship. Today, was by far, the most spiritually saturated Sunday I had experienced since I got on the Gold Coast. How can I express it? I felt that I had eaten and was satisfied. I loved the way the music flowed all throughout the ministering. The keyboardist and his band never left their post and kept the worship going all throughout. This was one of the main things that drew us to Destiny - the worship and prophetic flow which was so full of life. What inspired me was also the way the youths and youngsters served in the music team with dedication and worshipful spirit.
You know the weird thing is for all 3 sundays we had been there, it poured, it always poured heavy rain. The outpouring of the spirit - it seems to favour this little place. And all throughout the worship there is this sweet smell of breads. Yes, I know there is a bakery somewhere outside in the complex, but then when you walk out, there are also breads galore on the table, for free takeaways and breads served at the cafeteria. The prophetic word that came this morning was "Destiny, you shall be a house of bread to the nations, a mantle of healing placed upon you and healing shall flow in this place."
God works in parallels, I am starting to see that...in both natural and spiritual outworkings in our lives, he teaches through parallels. And surprisingly Jordan, who has never complained he is hungry, because I always feed him so well, now told me after the service: "I am hungry, I want to eat now..." Now, I am hoping he works up a spiritual appetite as well....

No comments: