You are Visitor No.

January 30, 2010

PINEAPPLE TARTS

During the trip to Singapore, my sis decided let's make some pineapple tarts-great for alleviating the boredom of her two girls at home and munching on for the whole family, ..plus it gives my mum an assignment for the day... to transfer her skills. Well, found out if you knead the dough too hard, the pastry actually becomes too hard as well. The trick is to keep pinching the flour and rubbing them with your fingers into the butter...not a skill the impatient will master. My niece complained of sore arms after having to stir the pineapple paste for too long. We were afraid the pineapple filling wasn't enough for the pastry so the 1st few trays were rather stingy on filling. Then too much filling at the end, so my nieces resorted to making 'Dolly partons' to use them up- fillings with generous proportions....
Jordie tried his hand at 'painting' on the egg white coating. He loves those pineapple tarts.
Well, it was a nice girls' bonding session between me, my sis, my mum and my two nieces. The boys were just waiting to gobble them down, that's all.....Sad to say, I don't think I shall attempt this in Australia because it is just too much work and not enough mouths around to enjoy them. Pineapple tarts don't keep very well and get mouldy very quickly especially in humid weather.

1 comment:

KampungBoy said...

"Not enough mouths to enjoy that"....Get it recipe and technique right and your problem would be not enough hands to make them!!!