You are Visitor No.

November 5, 2009

DEAR BIG BRO


P1040766 (Small)
Originally uploaded by och88och
Today is me big bro's birthday. My one and only and also eldest brother.

So, on the sentimental side, I have fond memories of our 'childhood'. Most vivid was him coming to get me in the heavy rain when I was stuck in school for hours. I usually walk back from school. My mum was out and must have phoned him to come and get me. I was eight but still.. it meant a lot. Sorta symbolical in a sense, because he was actually quite the man of the house as our dad died very early so he kinda watches out for us. but also sometimes bullies, as with all elder brothers...I remember how he divided mooncakes in such a way that he gets the biggest chunk of eggyolk everytime even in a double yolker!! I always lost that game but he would end up sharing some with me...

He's very good at maintaining contacts with people he knows. He's got friends all over the world, including people he knew way back in childhood days. Of course, facebook helps. And I do appreciate his efforts to stay in touch with us all far flung out and in different parts of the world. I mean who would rent a car, drive all the way down from Brisbane to Gold Coast just to spend one night here with his sis and nephew? then fly back to Sydney again. Also, catch a flight from Singapore down to KL just to send us off when we moved to Australia... only he does it, no one else.

He's got a good wife who keeps him in line... and prevents him from changing his mind too many times... and two lovely kids who also remind him that he needs to be mature.. haha! Smart man, exasperatingly but endearingly absent-minded and fickle but totally so my big brother... what can I say?

So.. Happy Birthday Brother! Yup..You're as good as it gets! and I do appreciate you....enjoy life and be happy. God bless lots!

No comments: