You are Visitor No.

July 16, 2009

EPISODE 25: WAS LOST BUT NOW AM FOUND

Had one of the worst scares in my life today. I went shopping with my mum & aunt to the Stockland Shopping Centre at Burleigh Heads. When we were getting ready to go home, I got them to wait for me at the entrance while I took the trolley of shopping goods to load in the car, as I didn't want them to walk too far. When we got home, I realised my handbag was missing!! Conclusion: it must have been left behind on the trolley I was pushing. Yes, I kicked myself about 10 times... my mum & aunt was frantic with concern.
Horrible thoughts flashed thru my mind, about losing not just my documents but my cellphone - which was my main communication tool. I dashed back to Stockland, praying really hard for protection against theft and to my relief, it had been found by the trolley pusher and they had sent it to the management office. PHEEEWW!
When I checked my bag, everything was intact except my cell phone. My heart dropped, oh no, had it been stolen? The lady at the office said she could ring the phone to see if anyone answered it. When she dialled, I could hear my phone ring... it was somewhere in the office. She said, 'oh how did it get there? must have come in separately..' Maybe it was her way of testing if I was the genuine owner. But anyway, I was just so super glad and relieved to have everything back safely in my hands.. God is good, and whoever that kind saint was who pushed the trolley and returned the bag, thank you for your honesty & integrity.
When I got home, they couldn't believe I found my bag with nothing lost. They said if this was in Malaysia, I would never have seen the daylights of my money or my phone again. Someone was watching out for me today...Thank you, God!

3 comments:

chosenjade said...

am glad you really was protected, i know this feeling of extreme panic and yet trying to stay calm. Praise God

richrach said...

Praise God! :)

joshua said...

MJ had a similar incident in the month of March 2009 in PJ, Malaysia. 8P

She left her bag at the makan table in a coffee shop with all the important stuff - ID card, SE phone, Canon camera, MAXIS usb modem, CASH etc...We learnt from the Chinese boss that an Indian/Sikh old man saw her bag and passed it to him for safe keeping.

I guess it is not WHERE we are but WHO we are in Him. God protects His people and belongings when we are walking in His WILL. 8D

MJ's 'LOST & FOUND' post here:
http://anythingsicansay.blogspot.com/2009/03/lost-and-found.html