You are Visitor No.

June 12, 2009

THE LOCKDOWN

Overslept this morning, waargh!! Jordan & I, we both dashed off to school, he didn't even get time to do his morning poo. Never mind even about lunch or morning tea food to bring... my alarm did not ring this morning and I was knocked out flat...
So, sent him off 1st, then came back to prepare lunch and morning tea for him. When I arrived at school to deliver the food, the school was strangely quiet, like no school was on, very strange and creepy.. like walking into an abandoned site. Got school or not, today> hmmm? Jordan's class was empty when I first looked in, but I saw kids in another room and they were all crouched quietly in one corner with the teacher. Then, suddenly, his teacher opened the door of the classroom out of nowhere and beckoned me in. They & teacher had all been crouching really low, so I didnt see them thru the window at first. I thought what had happened - a shootout or what? She said mummy would have to also join in lockdown to find out what it was all about, so I did.
Turns out, they were having a school-wide 'lockdown' sorta like an emergency drill which they carry out sometimes to prepare the children in the face of emergency, - which is practical and wise. I remember we used to just have fire drill, but this was different. It was teaching the kids to stay very quiet, still and crouch low, in the face of danger like a hurricane, intruder, bull on the loose, or what? missiles from North Korea?
I don't know, anything could happen nowadays, you just never know what's up next...

1 comment: