You are Visitor No.

May 29, 2009

SHORTCHANGED

Totally irritated with ALDI store nearby my place. Went there shopping to save some money, but at the end of the day, at cashout, I passed the cashier $50 for my $19.65 bill and received just 30cents...?? She had shortchanged me by about $30. Straightaway, I confronted her and said it was a 50 note I passed her. She insisted it wasn't but closed up the register and asked her manager for help. They went into the room with the cashbox while I waited outside. Then the manager came out and told me there was no excess of $30 ,..??
How could $30 so easily disappear like that! I was very sure I only had 2x $50 bills when I went shopping today and there was just one left in my purse. Anyway, I went back very dissatisfied and checked my daily balance of cash, yes I am that detailed with my money and I know how much I had put away in my purse. So, definitely the mistake was theirs but they would not own up to it. I rang the ALDI HQ to lodge a complaint. I was not going to let it off that easily. I was not going to let them think that I was pretending so that I could get extra money.
My suspicion is that the cashier had pinched it while I was bagging my stuff and slotted it aside, which is why, it was not detected as an excess in the cash box. So, they said they would review the video cameras again and see if any theft happened. So much for trust in the cashier's system at ALDI. The one thing that I did not like also was that their receipt didn't reflect how much cash was tendered or show change to be given. My word against theirs really. It's not the matter of the amount, it is the principle. I want JUSTICE.. AND MY MONEY BACK!

2 comments:

chosenjade said...

yes and shall pray that this lady is exposed in whatever she is doing.

richrach said...

hey chris, any updates?