You are Visitor No.

May 25, 2009

EPISODE 24: BACK ON THE KEYBOARDS

Been a while since I played for worship ministry with a church band. Leanne led this Sunday and asked if I could play, so yesterday was my 1st time playing at my church.
Was kinda nervous, because we have had no rehearsal at all since Wednesday practice was cancelled because of the rainstorm. So, I didn't really know what to expect! The band consisted mostly of guys on drums and bass and lead guitarists. Most of them, I did not know personally. This church has a very strong guitar band and the keyboards was not a distinctive sound for the worship..., so it took quite a bit of getting used to. The keyboard sound was really faint from the speaker and to be honest, I felt like it didn't really matter whether I played or not, at first kinda frustrated. But I just decided to enjoy myself and felt no pressure. I could just ride on the other musicians' playing which gave me more space to adjust & experiment. Leanne led beautifully. She originally wanted to do something unconventional but decided against it as we were all so disorientated enough with no rehearsal for the songs.
How do I really feel about the whole thing? Just felt that there is so much potential in the musicians and singers, they are so enthusiastic and skilled in what they do. If only they start to tap into the supernatural aspect of playing in the spirit, it would be super powerful. They are like horses on harnessed sleighs for now, going at a safe and pleasant trot and everyone is watching and well-pleased with it. It's only the surface we are scratching at,... but that's a good start for now.
People were very encouraging and after the service, a lady (and I don't think this happens often either) -new member, I think...came and thanked the band for bringing presence of God and making the difference in church experience for her and hubby. Many also came up to me to thank me for playing, and I said it was my pleasure..it truly was to once again serve the body of Christ and know your little bit counted towards their encouragement for the week. So, Lord thanks for opening doors once again to serve in worship for you. There is much to learn and experience in this new walk.

2 comments:

richrach said...

yo chris, glad to hear about this!
it's truly a joy to serve the Lord ya!
let it rain once again from your ministry! God bless!:)

chosenjade said...

wish I was there to hear you play!! so proud of you stepping out again!