You are Visitor No.

April 10, 2009

FORGIVENESS

Went for Good Friday service this morning at Genesis, (they have it mornings here, not evenings) and these words left an impression on me:
"TO DO GOOD FOR GOOD IS EASY
TO DO BAD FOR GOOD IS EVIL
TO DO BAD FOR BAD IS HUMAN
TO DO GOOD FOR BAD IS DIVINE.
So Lord, I do forgive those boys who did what they did yesterday and every person who had done me wrong in the past. Many times, I wanted to do take injustice into my own hands and scold these people into repentance. It seemed weak to just not do anything and let them off to repeat the same bad things they did to others. but today, I was reminded of what you went thru on the cross and that you, Lord of all persons, had more reasons to be angry and to hit back, but you did not - in your meekness was great strength, was great love.
So, I surrender it all back to you. ..the hurts, the angers, the disappointments, and thank you for all that you've done for me.

2 comments:

joshua said...

Amen!

And we forgive those who bombed us. 8|

CHRIS ONG said...

precisely what I said, I forgave those boys, ...conviction what to do.