You are Visitor No.

December 17, 2008

EPISODE 17: MY 40TH BIRTHDAY

So, yes here I am pushing 40, but I'm viewing it positively. Symbolically for me, 40 marks the great threshold of entering into the new, out of the wilderness into the promised land. So, today I choose to step into this promise that I am entering into the new land, and in the physical, I HAVE ENTERED THE NEW LAND... here in Australia where we felt led to come.
My dear hubby flew back from Malaysia in time to celebrate this birthday with me. I do appreciate his thoughtfulness, especially with this new transition and this year being a significant one for me. We went to this restaurant called UNO, (which mean no. 1 in Italian) and had a nice dinner. Jordie tried his 1st oyster baked in cheese (oyster mornay).... I ordered garlic scallops
Babe had veal
and we had afogato drinks (basically kopi super 'kao' + a scoop of ice-cream)... when it arrived, we took one look at it and knew it was a stiff & strong coffee, b'cos the glass was only a quarter full.. ooo la la, but with kick, definitely......

5 comments:

chosenjade said...

Blessed Birthday Sis !!! The world is sure different without you !!
Yummy oysters... makes me think of our meals together.
Hugs and enjoy the day !

joshua said...

woooooot blessed birthday, sister ong

richrach said...

Blessed 40th, chris! :)

d'Lion said...

Blessed Birthday Chris.

Daniel, Marilyn, Ashley and Andrea.

Unknown said...

Blessed Birthday. Oooh I so enjoyed Josh Groban's Holy Night. Thanks