You are Visitor No.

October 21, 2008

EPISODE 11: FINALLY PASSED!

YES! ..finally I passed my driving test today. The much coveted for piece of photo ID in this land. My 4th & final attempt today at Queensland driving test carried much nail-biting nerves & stress because yesterday, as I was on my way to Broadbeach for a training, the car started shuddering, and I was thinking oh-oh, not good, because I was going to use it for today's exam. So no car, how brown cow?
We decided the best option was to call up the Rightway driving school and rent their car for the test. Then my husband could send the car to workshop and no time limit.
Praise the Lord, they had one available for that time slot! Of course, I had to pay like $120 for the fee including last minute pointers from the instructor and pickup and dropoff service, but who cares... he felt confident that I could pass and somehow I did too, even though it was going to be an unfamiliar car.. Except for a few minor mistakes like overtaking a truck and then braking in front of it, a little over speed limit, but these were still okay by the examiner, who was a totally different guy from the past 3 exams I took, so thank God for that also... He was nice and even took my photo for me and passed me my licence himself. How's that for nice closure! I think God set us up with this car trouble last minute so that I would be forced to take the Rightway car (kinda appropriate name too!) as exam car, and in a sense, that lent some credibility and favour during the exam,.. but how do I feel now? so relieved this is over, so, so happy, thrilled and glad this episode is over & done with and on to the next...
I will cook seafood tomyam soup for my hubby to celebrate this victory. He's been absolutely supportive thru all these failures and never complained that I had to spend more money on taking a couple of classes. He's been the best and I appreciate him for his patience and praying for me and helping me overcome all these failure mindsets to keep trying and trying again and to have the right attitude to drive safely, not just to pass the exam. Presenting, THE DOCUMENT ...in my hands...TADA!

2 comments:

d'Lion said...

Congratulations!!! Chris on getting your drebers lesen.

As for the brown cow, it gave us chocolate milk.

richrach said...

congrats, chris! :)